/>

March 2, 2013

The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater

Hey everybody!  Cassia here!  We just hit 1,000 page views!!!  Thank you all so much for reading our posts and sometimes putting up with our forgetfulness with our features!  I know I missed Favorites Friday this week, and I'll post it next week, sorry!  About the button...we're going to change it, so check back often for the new one!  Here's another review for you all:



The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater

Blue lives in a family of psychics.  But she’s not one.  Even though she can’t look into people’s futures by reading Tarot cards, she does make her family’s powers more...powerful when she’s around.

On St. Mark’s Eve, she sees a spirit.  She’s not supposed to, and it can only mean one thing: he’s her true love, or she killed him.  In Blue’s case, it could be both.  Can Blue protect this boy she’s never known from herself?

So, you all know how Maggie Stiefvater is one of my favorite authors, and how much I loved Shiver.  This book was no exception.  There isn’t really a set ‘fantasy creature’ in this book.  Some books are about faeries, others werewolves, and still others are about vampires.  It’s more of spirits, psychics, and ley lines.  Yes, ley lines.  If my research is correct, I think they’re actually real.  In the way they’re used in this book, though, I don’t think so.  It was very fascinating.

This is also one of those books that even though a lot happens, it still feels like nothing happens.  It wasn’t boring at all, it just felt like I was being teased with the plot, and I absolutely loved it!  Oh, and if you know Latin--or at least roots from Latin--you’ll love this book.  It doesn’t come until later, though.  I also love Stiefvater’s characters.  In this book, the protagonist is Blue.  She’s smart, clever, but also secretive, even from her own family.  You also have Gansey.  He is very passionate, enthusiastic, and also smart and clever, but he often offends people without knowing it, which amused me a lot.   A good word that would describe this book in my opinion is mystic.

Once again, Stiefvater will captivate readers with legends, magic, and just enough romance to get you to read the next book.
Five stars!
Goodbye for now,
Cassia
P. S. By the way, the next book is called The Dream Thieves
, and it’s due to come out on September 17th, 2013.  Here’s the cover:

No comments:

Post a Comment