/>

September 1, 2015

August 2015 Wrapup


My Life

I am starting to feel as if I am writing the same thing every month. I guess my life is just not my interesting. But, I am going to try to spice it up this month.

Have you ever had one of those days where it seems like life has a personal vendetta against you and your free time? Well, I had one of those months. Whenever I finished working on one thing, something else popped up in its place. So, instead of enjoying what I had left of summer, I ended up working through the last rays of freedom.

With the end of summer, my life has just gotten back into the swing of real life. Schoolwork, homework, extra activities, headaches, procrastination, and somewhere between that all, reading. The stress has been piling on and I have not been able to find time for the one thing that always calms me down, which we all know is reading. 

If you have not read it already, I wrote an announcement about an update of my priorities. It basically says that I have decided to organize my time a little bit more, so that means less time for blogging and perusing social media and more time for work. Not fun, but necessary.


Books Read

Somehow, I managed to read 8 books this month (two for school) and DNFed one. 

A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas

A Court of Thorns and Roses (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #1)

Ensnared by A. G. Howard

Ensnared (Splintered, #3)

Fairest by Marissa Meyer

Fairest (The Lunar Chronicles, #3.5)

Saint Anything by Sarah Dessen

Saint Anything

Ready Player One by Ernest Cline
Review to Come

Ready Player One

Geek Girl by Holly Smale
Review to Come

Geek Girl (Geek Girl, #1)

The Witch Hunter by Virginia Boecker
Did Not Finish

The Witch Hunter (The Witch Hunter, #1)

Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck

The Grapes of Wrath

The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne

The Scarlet Letter


(I am thinking about writing something about these classics that I read for school. Would anyone be interested in that?)


Challenge Updates

Goodreads Challenge: 51/100. Good news, I am a little more than halfway through my challenge. Bad news, we are way more than halfway through the year (which is extremely scary). I am currently 15 books behind schedule, which actually means that I am catching up! I think I am going to be happy if I even get 80 books read this year. 

2015 Book Blogger Discussion Post Challenge: I wrote 2 discussion posts this month. 



Popular on Crazy for YA





Links to See

Willa argues that yes, there will be a publishing industry for generations to come.
Carlisa proclaims her love for book monogamy.
Zoe talks about how to effectively kill cliches in your writing.
Ella shares the different types of reading slumps.
Brittany lists some of her favorite sci-fi recommendations. 
Fiona talks about some of her realizations about life. (These do not specifically have anything to do with books, but they are inspiring. After the month I have had, this post saved my life!


So, how was your month? Are you mourning the loss of summer too? Do you have any time management advice? Would you like to see a post about the classics that I read this summer? What was your favorite post of the month?



No comments:

Post a Comment