/>

January 26, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday | Songs that Have Been Stuck in My Head All Week


This is a weekly list meme hosted by the wonderful bloggers at The Broke and the Bookish. 

This week is a freebie post, so I got to pick whatever topic came to my mind first (after about 15 minutes of brainstorming, but I am not bitter or anything). Since I have been listening to a lot of music lately, I decided to talk about the songs that have been stuck in my head lately. Just to warn you, I am still a music newbie and I am by no means a music expert (I cannot even play an instrument). 

In case you are wondering, I mostly listen to pop, pop-punk (I am a little bit behind on the times) and even some alternative music. But, I am pretty much open to trying any kind of music (except for rap). 

So, I made you guys a playlist of the top ten (ish) songs that have been circling in my head for the past couple of weeks.



Looking Up by Safety Suit

This is the perfect pick-me-up kind of song. This lyrics and the music are just so happy and never fail to put me back into a good mood. 

Ten Feet Tall by Afrojack

This is another inspirational pick-me-up song that I have been loving recently. (I have a whole playlist of these kinds of songs for whenever I am in a bad mood.) This one is just so catchy as well! 

All of Mariana's newest album Astoria, but especially This Means War, Shut Up and Kiss Me, Who Do You Love, and Yesterday. 


(Shoutout to Nova @ Out of Time, a fellow lover of Mariana's Trench!)

I have to say that Mariana's Trench is now one of my favorite bands. I have loved all of their albums (which is really quite rare for me), but it is like they can do no wrong. I love listening to the albums straight through since all of the songs flawlessly blend together. I have not really encountered any other albums where the songs tell a seamless story like this album. In addition, there is a wonderful mix of upbeat, sad, quiet, and roaring songs so everyone will find something they like. (I will warn you that a couple of the songs are explicit though. It is not offensive though, just a word thrown out here and there.)

Pride by American Authors 

American Authors is another one of my favorite bands, but they are the opposite of Mariana's Trench. American Authors lends more on the pop/folk music side of the spectrum while Mariana's Trench is more alternative, I think. I have actually been lucky enough to see American Authors in concert, and I can honestly say that they are as amazing live as in recordings!

Hallelujah by Panic! at the Disco


This is really the first Panic! at the Disco song that has truly stuck with me. I just love music and how catchy the song is. 

Vicious Love by New Found Glory feat. Hayley Williams


I am a fan of Paramore, so I was not surprised when this song popped up on my Spotify, but I was surprised at how much I liked it. I have never heard of New Found Glory before, but I ended up loving the tone of the song.

I'm So Sorry and Monster by Imagine Dragons


I am also a huge Imagine Dragons fan. Lately, their music has been getting a lot darker, but there are still a few songs that I enjoy. I just love the instruments in the background of their songs (especially the percussion). 

The Young and the Hopeless by Good Charlotte


This song perfectly described by mood when I first listened to it. I was in a bad mood and I find that some angsty music can help me work through that. I just connected to this song and its lyrics so much.

Superheros by The Script 


I am going a little bit old school (at least compared to the rest of the music on my playlist) and bringing back a classic: The Script. I grew up listening to their songs, and I know pretty much all of the words by heart. 

Stitches by Shawn Mendes


This is a newer favorite of mine, mostly due to its catchiness. I also love Shawn's unique voice and the beat in this song. 



I even made a Spotify playlist with all of the songs so that they can hopefully get stuck in your head too! Aren't I so thoughtful?  

As you can see, I am into a large variety of music, and this is just the tip of the iceberg! 

Do you like any of these songs/bands? What song has been stuck in your head all week? Do you have any music recommendations for me? I would love to hear them! Would you like this to be a regular feature on the blog where I share my latest music obsessions?






No comments:

Post a Comment