/>

June 12, 2018

My Realistic Summer 2018 TBR


Top Ten Tuesday is a list-based meme hosted by the amazing Jana @ That Artsy Reader Girl. If the meme sounds familiar, it was formerly hosted by The Broke and Bookish.

Apparently, 2018 is halfway over. On the plus side, this means summer and more books. On the minus side, I have all of the crushing anxiety of the unfinished goals that I need to complete by the end of the year. 

Anyway, I am staying on the plus side today by looking forward to some of the amazing books that I am (probably) going to read this summer. This is by no means an exhaustive list. My TBR is a monster that I can hardly maintain, let alone limit to only 10 books. In an attempt to regain control (or at least the facade of it), I am limiting my goal to these ten books that I am determined to read before the end of summer.

Basically, if I could only read ten books this summer, these would be it. Hopefully, that will not end up being the case, but I would still be happy if I only got to these stories.

I split the list between already published books that I have waited extremely too long to read (yes, I know that it is ridiculous that I have not read them but please forgive me) and soon-to-be published books that dominated my radar.

Update: I now realize that I have done the TTT for 6/19. I apologize sincerely but I hope you still enjoy my recommendations!


Catching Up




1. Strange the Dreamer
By Laini Taylor


2. Children of Blood and Bone
By Tomi Adeyemi


3. The Handmaid's Tale
By Margaret Atwood



4. American Panda
By Gloria Chao

5. To Kill a Kingdom
By Alexandra Christo


New Books That I am not Late on (Yet)





6. A Thousand Perfect Notes
By C. G. Drews



7. The Raging Ones
By Krista and Becca Ritchie


8. Contagion 
By Erin Bowman


9. Sea Witch
By Sarah Henning


10. A Thousand Beginnings and Endings
By Ellen Oh and others



I know that this is completely contrary to the beginning of this post, but if you have any recommendations that I have to read this summer, I would be more than happy to add them to the list (just don't tell my TBR, I'll sneak them on when he isn't looking).


What books are on your summer TBR? Which one of these books should I read first? What are you looking forward to the most this summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment