/>

July 14, 2018

Mystery Blogger Award | Tag


Today, I am honored to be accepting the Mystery Blogger Award from Noly @ That Artsy Reader, a fellow book-lover and blogger champion. Being nominated for any award is awesome, but it means so much more that Noly was the one who thought of me. You can see her acceptance here (as well as her one of her most embarrassing childhood moments, which is definitely worth a read!). 

The tag was originally created by Okoto Oke Enigma on her lifestyle blog in order to discover new blogs (so that they are no longer a mystery, get it?) and spread the love throughout the entire blogging community. The bonds created through this tag is so impressive that it has already crossed several niches, starting with Okoto's lifestyle, fashion, and beauty blog to the wonderful realm of book blogging. I hope that I can help it reach even farther in the community!

Honestly, the only mystery is how I qualified for this award, but I am going to accept it anyway. 



Rules


  1. Put the award logo/image on your blog
  2. List the rules.
  3. Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
  4. Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well
  5. Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
  6. You have to nominate 10 – 20 people
  7. Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
  8. Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify)
  9. Share a link to your best post(s)
Facts about Me


1. I make jewelry. I know that talked about this hobby in my June wrap-up post, but I have become even more obsessed in the past couple of weeks. I always have a project in the works (sometimes two at once if I am feeling crazy). At the current moment, I am mostly using beadweaving techniques to make bracelets, but I am getting comfortable enough with these new stitches to make an attempt at a necklace! Making a bracelet might seem simple, but I love having the satisfaction of making something completely on my own and earning the bragging rights to the design. 

2. I have two dogs, Holly and Tink. I obviously don't mention them enough on my blog. Holly is a Pekingese, which is basically a little ball of white fluff who loves to lick faces (or pretty much anywhere else she can reach). Tink is a mix of pug and Jack Russell, which makes for a super cute and really loud pupper.

3. I am currently in college pursuing a degree in English. Even though I have always been a reader, book blogging was definitely a contributor to my decision to study literature. Being able to unabashedly scream about my passion for books made me more confident with my decision to study English (and convince my parents that it was a good idea too!). There are still moments of doubt when I have scared that my degree will end up being useless, but blogging is a constant reminder of my love for books and my desire to contribute to the community as an editor/publicist/agent/publisher someday (still working that part out).  

Noly's Questions



1. Who do you look up to the most and why?

I have trouble picking just one role model because I look up to many authors and other creatives who both make awesome art and use their platforms to enact change. However, if I were to pick only one it would have to be John Green. I love his books and I know that not everyone does. The Fault in Our Stars is one of my favorite novels and if I could magically acquire any author's writing style, I would steal his. I understand why some people dislike his books (the tropes, flowery/bordering pretentious writing, and the ambiguity of the characters) but I look up to him for all of the things he does in addition to his writing. Along with his brother Hank, he makes Youtube videos covering relevant and thought-provoking topics. They have a hilarious podcast full of dubious advice and inside jokes. He helped make VidCon and CrashCourse and many other things. I admire John Green for his creativity and versatility and the fact that he never seems to sleep. I also admire how open he is about his mental health. You can hate his books, but I think you have to admit that he has done some good work. 

2. How does a perfect day for you look?

A perfect day is sunny outside and about 75 degrees Fahrenheit. With a pair of sunglasses and an ice-cold lemonade, I sit outside with my dogs and my family. I would get to sleep in without feeling guilty about wasting time on dreams. I would love to spend at least a little bit of time reading, but it really doesn't matter what I do as long as I am with the people that I love (and if it isn't ungodly humid outside). 

3. What is your all-time favorite memory?

Noly definitely picked some hard questions and I am honestly not sure how to answer this one. I don't want to reduce all of the happiness in my life to one memory, but I guess that I can try. 

My favorite memory is my first and last family reunion. We all gathered to celebrate my grandparent's birthdays even though we never all get the chance to come together. My family all lives pretty far apart with busy schedules, so it was a small miracle to organize a week for everyone to come to together, let alone the fact that we all pretty much got along. That reunion was the last time that I can remember my whole family amicably spending time together (for the most part). We played silly games, ate at so many restaurants, and had a cute birthday party for my grandparents. I will never forget that trip.

4. What is your favorite item you own, and why?

Again, another hard question. I don't consider myself a particularly materialistic person. In terms of book blogging, my favorite item that I own is my ARC of Gemina by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff. This is my first (and only) physical ARC, so it holds a special place in my heart. I don't think that ARCs are a make or break item for book blogging, but I love having a physical manifestation of my blogging life (plus I am a huge fan of the series and never imagined actually getting an ARC). 

5. And onto the weird/funny question: What do you do when no one is around or watching?  

When no one is watching, I love to sing. My morning drive to work is always a concert starring my untrained voice and whoever happens to be on the pop radio. And I sing loudly. Like, you are imagining loud but I want you to imagine something even louder. I am my own amplifier. Even though I try not to think about it, I am pretty sure that the cars next to me in the parking lot can hear me. I don't think that I am a bad singer by any means, I just don't have the confidence to sing with other people around. 

My Nominations


1. Cri @ Paperbacks and Pizza

2. Noel @ Books with Noel

3. Jo @ Books 'N Bits

4. Sam @ Sleepy Sam Reads




My Questions


1. What is your favorite thing about your blog? (Don't be afraid to do a little bit of bragging!)

2. If there was one book that you could rewrite the ending of which book would it be, why, and how would you change it?

3. What is one book that everyone should read in their lifetime?

4. What accomplishment are you the most proud of so far this year?

5. Who is your favorite music artist? What is your favorite song?


Thanks so much to Noly for tagging me again! I would love to hear some of your answers to her questions and to my amazing questions as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment