/>

November 16, 2012

Review | Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr





Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr

In this book, Aislinn can see faeries that walk among us . . .invisible.

Rule #3: Don’t stare at invisible faeries.

Rule #2: Don’t speak to invisible faeries.

Rule #1: Don’t ever attract their attention.

Aislinn has lived by these rules all her life.  But they don’t work when two powerful Court faeries start stalking her . . .and other powerful faeries start appearing human . . .with her best friends.  Keenan, the Summer King, and Donia, the Winter Girl, draw Aislinn into a 900 year old deadly conflict between the Summer and Winter Courts.
If you read the introduction post, you’ll know that this is my absolute favorite series EVER.  So, naturally, I called dibs on the whole series, so this might get a little long.  Just so you know, the protagonists name, Aislinn is pronounced ash-linn or ash-ling.  By the time I found this out, I had finished the whole series.  If you want to know how to pronounce the characters’ names, you can visit www.melissa-marr.com.  Believe me, it helps.  In this review, I’m only doing the first book, but just to let you know, my favorite character is in this series.  His name is Irial, and he’s the Dark King.  You don’t come across him much, but once you know about the curse, you’ll find that he plays a big part.  Well, in the whole series actually.  Okay, enough babbling.

Marr writes in third person omniscient, which means she’s the narrator, and she’s in the minds of a lot of characters, basically.  If you don’t like that, don’t panic.  After a while you don’t even notice.  Marr also uses incredible imagery.  A couple times just in this book alone I stopped reading, looked around, and thought, “Where’d everybody go?”  It’s so easy to get lost in her world of Faery.

On to the characters.  Aislinn, the protagonist, is strong, stubborn, and easy to like.  There’s not much about her that I don’t like.  Her best friend is Seth, handsome, caring, and . . .well, perfect.  Some people like Keenan better, but if you ask me Seth is anything any girl could want.  And then there’s Keenan, volatile, temperamental, handsome, caring, and gentle when he wants to be.  His mother, Beira, the Winter Queen, is cold and power-hungry, and will do anything to get it.  I love all of the characters, and these descriptions don’t do them justice, but it’s the best I can do without giving anything away. ;)

The plot is amazing.  I wasn’t bored at all, and that’s hard to not have me get bored during a book, since I’m restless.  The ending will satisfy you, and it may seem like nothing else can happen, but don’t forget-- There’s a second book!  Did I mention this was my favorite series? ;)

Bye for now,
Cassia

No comments:

Post a Comment