/>

November 22, 2012

Review | Ink Exchange by Melissa Marr

Hiya everybody!  Cassia here!  First of all, happy Thanksgiving!  Max caught me at the end of Linger, but just to let you all know, I absolutely loved it!  I also formed my opinion on Cole St. Clair:  I love him!  I finally got to see who he really is.  Here’s my review of Ink Exchange by Melissa Marr:

WARNING:  Ink Exchange is the second book in the Wicked Lovely series.  Unless you have read the first book, I highly advise that you stop reading NOW.  Thank you!




Ink Exchange by Melissa Marr


Leslie needs change.  She doesn’t want all of this pain in her life anymore.  She needs something to prove to herself that she can heal.  So, she gets a tattoo.

Irial needs a way to save his court.  He can’t let them starve.  He needs a solution.  Now.  He’s found one, but at the cost of a mortal.  His solution is through a tattoo.

Leslie finds a tattoo, one that is beautifully eerie.  What she doesn’t know is what it will cost her.

A girl has chosen Irial’s tattoo.  Leslie.  Soon, Irial draws Leslie into the dark and dangerous world of the Dark Court.  Will Irial let her go?


This is my second favorite book in this series.  This book is definitely . . .darker than the others.  Do not read this book before bed.  In Wicked Lovely, you don’t see the Dark Court.  By now you know that Irial helped Beira curse Keenan.  (FYI, Keenan hates, and I mean hates, Irial.)  The Dark Court is the place of nightmares, temptation, and shadows.  As the Dark King, Irial has the power to control the shadows, but he doesn’t use it in this book.

I do like Leslie more than Aislinn.  Leslie is also strong, but she is just searching for a way to feel better.  Leslie doesn’t look to other people as much, because she doesn’t really have anybody she can trust.  Niall is also in this book.  I love him.  Niall is like Leslie, and is searching for a way to feel better.  In this book, you find out where he got those scars, why he ran to the Summer Court, and his brutal, bloody past with Irial.  Irial is the Dark King, the King of Nightmares, the King of Temptation. Pick one.  He’s held the throne of the Dark Court for at least 1,000 years, which is pretty hard if you ask me.  He’s arrogant, dark, and dangerous.  He will do anything for his court, and will give his life and more for the ones he loves.  As you know, Irial is my favorite character of ALL TIME.  Hopefully you’ll see why he is my favorite character.

Overall, this book is great.  This book explores how love can heal someone, and also the dangers of the Faery world.  It also explores what it’s like to love someone, hurt them, and then be at peace with them, and hopefully love them once again.

Five stars!

Goodbye for now,
Cassia

No comments:

Post a Comment