/>

February 16, 2013

Forever by Maggie Stiefvater

Hey everybody!  Cassia here!  Ahhh, Saturday.  It's nice not having to do anything.  Anyway, here's another review: Forever by Maggie Stiefvater.

WARNING: If you have not read the first two books in the Wolves of Mercy Falls trilogy by Maggie Stiefvater, I highly suggest you stop reading NOW.  Thank you!




Forever by Maggie Stiefvater

Now Sam is human...and Grace is the wolf.  They want to be together forever, but how can they when one of them is a wolf?  Now, Sam and Grace must fight harder than ever to be together...and their only hope of salvation may just come in the form of Cole St. Clair.   Now, Culpeper wants to have a legal hunt on the wolves.  Can Sam, Grace, Cole, and Isabel save themselves and the Wolves of Mercy Falls?


I hate irony.  And this book is definitely ironic.  Oh, wait, I did not mean that I hated the book!  I absolutely loved the book, and it's a lot better than the first two books.  (If that's possible ;)). Anyway, remember way back in Shiver when Sam was the wolf and Grace was human?  Yeah, well, now it's backwards.  Which absolutely drove me nuts!  The title is so fitting: Sam and Grace want to be together forever...literally.

Agh this is hard without spoiling anything.  I love it when characters change.  Cole did change a lot since the beginning of Linger.  Then, he was suicidal, and didn't want anything to do with himself; basically, he hated himself, couldn't figure out how to live with himself.  By the end of Linger, he's found his purpose, and he's a lot happier.  (When Tessa was reading this series, I kept telling her how awesome Cole is and she kept giving me this weird look that said, "Why?  He's the exact opposite of you!  How could you like him?" And after she finished it she admitted I was right.) I think all the characters changed throughout the series at some point.  Grace did a little bit, Sam did a lot, and even Isabel did.  Again, there's music.  There's one particular scene with Sam and Cole in this book that I absolutely love, and it's just so tender and they're actually getting along.

In the final Wolves of Mercy Falls book, Stiefvater explores having a purpose in life, sacrifice, and once again, love.  The ending will not disappoint.  (Oh, and I'm going to warn you right now: on her website, Stiefvater said that no matter what, she is never going to write short stories or sequels to go with the trilogy. *sob*)
Five stars!
Goodbye for now,
Cassia

No comments:

Post a Comment