/>

December 9, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday | Top Ten New-To-Me Authors I Read In 2014

This is a weekly meme hosted by the amazing girls over at The Broke and the Bookish.
I know that it has been a while since we posted a Top Ten Tuesday (or any meme). So, partially thanks to the awesomeness that was BookBlogWriMo, we have a new zeal for blogging. And that means blogging more often. Another one of our goals is to have more interaction with the rest of the blogging world. Memes are perfect for that!

To get back on track, today's topic is top new-to-me authors that we read in 2014. We found some amazing authors this year!

Max

Huntley Fitzpatrick
(My Life Next Door)

My Life Next Door (My Life Next Door, #1)

E. Lockhart
(We Were Liars and The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks)

We Were Liars

Sarah J. Maas
(Throne of Glass series)

Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass, #1)

Veronica Rossi
(Under the Never Sky series)

Under the Never Sky (Under the Never Sky, #1)
Tessa

Jennifer Lynn Barnes
(Nobody, The Naturals series)

The Naturals (The Naturals, #1)

Laini Taylor
(Daughter of Smoke and Bone series)

Daughter of Smoke & Bone (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #1)

Victoria Schwab
(The Archived series)

The Archived (The Archived, #1)

Cassia

John Green
(An Abundance of Katherines, The Fault in Our Stars)

The Fault in Our Stars

Kiera Cass
(The Selection series)

The Selection (The Selection, #1)

Suzanne Young
(The Program series)

The Program (The Program, #1)

10 comments:

  1. Nice this, I've read a few of these authors before. A Daughter of smoke and bone is coming up on my TBR. I'm excited to start it.
    Monique @ Mo_Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Daughter of Smoke and Bones is one of my personal favorites! I rant about it all the time. The rest of the series is just as good, so I would make sure that you already have Days of Blood and Starlight on hand when you finish!

      Delete
  2. You've got several on your list that I still need to give a try. Great list! I also love Daughter of Smoke and Bone.
    Check out my Top 10

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely recommend The Naturals series if you have not read it yet. It has quickly moved into my list of favorite books!

      Delete
  3. Great list! Most of those are still on my TBR list! But John Green is amazing! I love his books!

    Here's mine if you would like to read it - http://wonderstruck-kcks.blogspot.com/2014/12/top-ten-new-to-me-authors-i-read-in-2014.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have read a lot of John Green books, but then realized his books really aren't for me because I simply don't love them or hate them. I find them mediocre. On top of this, there are so many authors here I have yet to try! Gah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that John Green is a hit-or-miss for most people. The Fault in My Stars is my favorite, and I found it more difficult to get into his other books, like Paper Towns.

      Delete
  5. I've read a few of these authors before this year, but E. Lockhart was also new to me this year. I have a few Huntley Fitzpatrick books on my shelves, but I haven't read them. I hope I have time to get to one of them before the year is over.

    Erin @ The Hardcover Lover

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We also liked The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks by E. Lockhart. If you liked We Were Liars, then you just check it out.
      I have not read any books by Huntley Fitzpatrick yet, but Max keeps bothering me to find one. They are on the top of my TBR list for 2015!

      Delete