We were nominated by the wonderful Sarah @ YA Bookaholic and A Book Nerd @ Sincerely, a Book Nerd for the Blogger Recognition Award!
We are extremely honored that we were even considered for this award. Even better, we get to return the favor to some of our favorite bloggers too!
The rules are simple and they are as follows:
- Select 15 (or however many you can think of) other blogs you want to give the award to. Do some digging if you must! You cannot nominate yourself or the person who has nominated you.
- Write a post to show off your award! Give a brief story of how your blog got started, and give a piece or two of advice to new bloggers.
- Thank whoever nominated you, and provide a link to their blog.
- List who you've nominated in the post. Make sure to also attach the award itself! (You can do this by right-clicking, saving, and uploading the image above).
- Comment on each blog and let them know you've nominated them. Provide a link to the award post you created.
- Provide a link to the original post on Edge of Night. That way, anyone can find the original guidelines and post if needed, and we can keep it from becoming confusing!
Once upon a time, there were three shy, creative, and slightly nerdy book lovers. They friendship was newly minted and still lacked something to keep them together for the long run. Then, they discovered the greatest similarity between all of them -- a passion for the written word. They all loved literature and would rather spend their Friday nights reading instead of assembling with other teenagers and doing whatever teenagers are supposed to do (or more like not supposed to do).
One day during lunch, they were having a passionate discussion about their latest reads. These discussions had been coming up more and more lately and everyone was enjoying them. In their selflessness, they decided to make a book blog so they could share their amazing bookish discussions with the world. They adopted the names of some of their favorite characters and started to write.
Over the course of three years, they have had many trials and failures, but there have been many successes too. Sometimes the time between posts would seem too vast to start posting again, but the friends always managed to try again.
Now, everything about their blog has changed. They all make more of an effort to be part of the community and (try) to post more regularly. Throughout the journey, these friends have discovered things about themselves that they never would have otherwise and have forged strong friendships rooted in literature. After all of those years, only one thing as stayed the same -- their love of books.
They are still blogging today at Crazy for YA. I hope their story will continue for many more years to come.
Rekha @ Million Book Mill
Carlisa @ Confessions of Carlisa