/>

May 16, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday | Books that Fate Wanted Me to Read


This is a weekly list meme hosted by the wonderful bloggers at The Broke and the Bookish. 

This week's topic was surprisingly difficult. The impossible task was to find books that I picked up on a whim, without knowing anything about it before. Ever since I have started blogging, I have read hundreds of book reviews, so it has become a habit to read book reviews before I pick up a book. Now, I hear about books months before they are even released. I had to do a lot of digging in my Goodreads shelves to find these books. 

But there were some instances where I read a book without any previous knowledge, as if fate wanted me to read it. 






The Name of this Book is Secret by Pseudonymous Bosch - I saw this book in a book store and the synopsis was too good to pass up, even though I had never heard of it before. But now I know that this series will always be my favorite middle grade series. Bosch is a genius when it comes to middle grade. The books are so completely ridiculous and random, but extremely easy to relate to as well. They always manage to make me laugh.

The Looking Glass Wars by Frank Beddor- I went through an Alice in Wonderland stage, so when I found this beauty on my library's shelf, I just had to pick it up. I do not regret it at all since this is tied with the Splintered series for my favorite Alice in Wonderland retelling.

Waterfall by Lisa Tawn Bergern - I picked this book on a whim a loooong time a go, but it still remains one of my favorite time travel books. The setting is so unique and I have not come across a time time book like it ever since.

Ink by Amanda Sun- I picked this one up because of the cover. No, I am not ashamed. Thankfully, the inside of the novel lived up to its gorgeous cover.

Alive by Scott Sigler- I am so glad that fate showed me this book, since it is one of my top thrillers now. I love the setting, suspense, and the mystery. It was completely unique.



The Beginning of Never by O. E. Boroni - I was approached to review this book, and even though I had no idea what it was about, I agreed. Since then, I have read the whole series and I enjoyed it. I would have never read it without a little push from fate. 

Nobody by Jennifer Lynn Barnes- This was the beginning of my love of Jennifer Lynn Barnes writing. Nobody was good, but it was not my favorite Barnes book. But if I did not read Nobody, I probably would not have picked up The Naturals, which is one of my favorite mystery novels.

Slated by Terri Terry- I honestly do not remember why I picked up Slated, but I did not enjoy it very much. Unfortunately, picking up a book on a wild whim does not always turn out well.

Gilt by Katherine Longshore- I read this book when I was going through my British history phase (don't judge). I picked it up due to the pretty gold lettering on the spine (I am attracted to shiny things) and I saw King Henry VIII in the synopsis and then ran to check it out. 

The Grimm Legacy by Polly Shulman- I was scouring the library for my next read when I stumbled (literally) on The Grimm Legacy. I saw a magical library in the synopsis and I just had to check it out. 


What was the last book you read on a whim? Is it hard for you to read a book that you have not heard about? Do you obsessively read book reviews too?


No comments:

Post a Comment