/>

August 5, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday #11: Top Ten Books We'd Give to Readers Who Have Never Read Adventure

This is weekly meme hosted by the amazing girls over at The Broke and the Bookish. This week's topic is books we would give/recommend to people who have never read straight-up adventure books (that means no romance, or just a little bit of romance).
Some of these are middle grade, but we believe that adventure is not limited to adult and young adult books. The themes of adventure books are so strong and universal that they can reach past any boundary, even age.




Max
The Maximum Ride series by James Patterson

The Angel Experiment (Maximum Ride, #1)

Graceling (and the rest of the series) by Kristin Cashore

Graceling (Graceling Realm, #1)

The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer

Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles, #1)

The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel series by Michael Scott


The Alchemyst (The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel, #1)

Tessa
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (and the rest of the series) by J.K. Rowling

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Harry Potter, #1)

Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi

Under the Never Sky (Under the Never Sky, #1)

Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief (and the rest of the series) by Rick Riordan

The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1)

Cassia

The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C. S. Lewis   

The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe (Chronicles of Narnia, #1)

15 comments:

  1. Harry Potter... of course! That's a great seven-book adventure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I believe that the adventure continues even after the books have ended! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Nice list! I've read about half of the books that you've suggested. I also own Graceling and Under the Never Sky, but I just haven't had the motivation to read them yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really loved Graceling. The world building was amazing and the rest of the series was just as good!

      Delete
  3. Oh my goodness! You basically just made a list of my favorite books. Of course the list has to include Harry and his friends who have such awesome adventures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would not be a true list of adventure books without Harry Potter. I am glad that you like out list.

      Delete
  4. I really enjoyed so many of the books on your list Harry Potter and Percy Jackson are two of my favourite series. I was not a fan of Graceling but I think I may be the only one =/
    New follower via GFC
    Monique @ Mo_Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Graceling is really a love it or hate it book. I know a lot of people who just could not read it, but I enjoyed it. Thanks for following!

      Delete
  5. LOVE your list! I've read several (Harry Potter, Percy Jackson, The Lunar Chronicles) and have been on the fence for some others (The Immortal Life, Graceling). I'm looking forward to checking them out now since they're on the same list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely recommend Graceling if you like adventure. It also has some cool fantasy aspects that you would like if you enjoyed Harry Potter.

      Delete
  6. I love the Maxium Ride, Graceling, Cinder, Harry Potter, Nicholas Flamel, The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe, and the Percy Jackson series'! I did my TTT on Fantasy and I totally forgot about Harry Potter *shame* Here's my list - http://blueeyebooks.blogspot.com/2014/08/top-ten-tuesday-3.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Personally, I think that fantasy and adventure books are very similar, but do not worry about forgetting Harry. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  7. I so love your list! Especially Max. Ride (though I didn't like the later books...), HP, Cinder, and Percy Jackson. I would also love to read the Narnia books--not sure why I haven't picked up a copy yet, but it's definitely on my TBR list.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was not a big fan of the later Max Ride books either. They seemed kind of forced and completely different from the beginning of the series. Also, I highly recommend the Narnia series. They are like classic fantasy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh you included one of my favorite books of all time, Cinder! :D
    my top ten tues: http://wp.me/p3v5T1-up

    ReplyDelete