/>

May 24, 2013

Cassia's Top Music Picks

Hey everybody!  I don't have a review today, but I do have some of my top music picks!  I have no idea if Tessa or Max are doing this, just to let you know.  Anyway, here's some of my top genres, artists, albums, and songs, and a little bit about why they're on my top lists.

Top 5 Genres:
1.) Country--This is just about all I've listened to.  I grew up with it, and it will forever be my favorite genre.
2.) Rock--Same with this one. I grew up with it, but I've grown to love it more over the past two years.
3.) Classical--I play a viola, so this is all I've ever played and I love it: the emotion and just everything about it.
4.) Pop--Any popular music, and it's played so much on the radio I can't help but like it.
5.) some Alternative, depending on what you put in that category--Another version of rock that I've grown to love.


Top 5 Artists:
1.) Shinedown-- Made up of lead singer Brent Smith, electric guitarist Zach Meyers, bassist Eric Bass, and Barry Kerch on the drums, this band is known for their live performances and sound that kept me coming back for more.
2.) Trans-Siberian Orchestra--These rockers and classical performers tell stories with classical music. But with electric guitars and all that other rock stuff. Most of their songs are written--and classical pieces adapted by--Paul O'Neil.
3.) The Band Perry--They're one of the new country bands, and I fell in love with their first single, "If I Die Young," and the lead singer's voice.
4.) Green Day-- A punk rock band that formed in 1987, Green Day has kept the music coming for 26 years, a lot longer than most punk bands. As big and loud as their sound is, it's hard to believe that there's only three of them: lead singer, songwriter, and electric guitarist Billie Joe Armstrong, bassist Mike Dirnt, and Tre Cool on the drums.
5.) 3 Doors Down--Grew up listening to these guys, too. I hope to see them in concert.

Top 5 Albums:
1.) The Sound of Madness by Shinedown--The way this album is put together makes me want to listen to it again and again.  It's one of their better-known albums I think, with soaring ballads (that I think make Smith's voice sound the best) and loud songs that Rock is known for.
2.) Beethoven's Last Night by Trans-Siberian Orchestra--This album tells the story of Beethoven...on his last night. Told with music!
3.) Night Castle by Trans-Siberian Orchestra--Another story-album. The actual story is long and I have yet to finish it.
4.) Dookie by Green Day--This is the album that made Green Day famous. That's all I need to say.
5.) Halestorm by Halestorm--I love every song on it, and it flows.

 Top 20 Songs: (These are in no particular order. They're all my favorite songs, but I like some more than others.)
1.) "Second Chance" by Shinedown--This is the first song I heard by Shinedown, and I absolutely fell in love with the way he sings it, and the lyrics.
2.) "Viva la Vida" by Coldplay--Reminds me of a book--but then again a lot of songs remind me of books--and the orchestra really complements the melody. (Max here! Just wanted to add that I like this song also! And "Second Chance" Also, I'm going to eventually do a post where I share all of MY favorite music!)
3.) "Wake Me Up When September Ends" by Green Day--This song is filled with so much emotion. It's heartbreaking and I want to curl up and bawl like a baby every time I hear it.
4.) "Sound of Madness" by Shinedown--One of my favorite songs by Shinedown.
5.)  "Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)" by Green Day--I don't care what emotion he wrote it in. I love the message.
6.) "My Name (Wearing Me Out)" by Shinedown--It's a song I listen to when I'm angry.
7.) "45" by Shinedown--I think it describes The Outsiders by S. E. Hinton.
8.) "Hero" by Chad Kroeger--I think it's in one of the Spiderman movies. I only know the song.
9.) "Basket Case" by Green Day--Under the catchy melody, there's a lot of emotion.
10.) "If You're Going Through Hell" by Rodney Atkins--I totally agree!
11.) "Before He Cheats" by Carrie Underwood--I would do the same.
12.) "Know Your Enemy" by Green Day--In my opinion, one of the themes of Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card.
13.) "Peacemaker" by Green Day--"Vendetta, sweet vendetta..." :D
14.) "21st Century Breakdown" by Green Day--They have very strong political views. I agree with this one.
15.) "If Today Was Your Last Day" by Nickelback--My motto, basically.
16.) "Far Away" by Nickelback--Another song that reminds me of a book.
17.) "Oh Love" by Green Day--Three albums in six months! That is fast.
18.) "Longview" by Green Day--I like the melody. :)
19.) "Political Incorrectness" by Kevin Fowler--I feel like this song describes me.
20.) "Love Like Crazy" by Lee Brice--A heartwarming story, if you ask me.


So, those are my top music picks! (Feel free to comment, but please no bashing. I know that you all have different opinions, but please don't be mean about it.) You'll only get my explanations if you look up the songs or know them, so check it out if you want to.
Goodbye for now,
Cassia 

No comments:

Post a Comment