/>

June 15, 2014

Sweet Summer Read-a-Thon Day #6

I cannot believe that there is only one more day left in the Sweet Summer Read-a-Thon hosted by The Book Tower.
The words are starting to blur on the pages and the fatigue is catching up to us. One more day of reading is almost too much to handle, but we only have one more day to finish all of our goals, challenges, and TBR books. Wish us luck.
Yesterday, we all completed the Something Old, Something New Challenge hosted by Beth at the Coffee House.








Max
 
Books Started: The Distance Between Us by Kasie West
Books Finished: We Were Liars by E. Lockhart and The Distance Between Us by Kasie West
Pages Read: 479
Impressions: I'm not entirely sure, but I think I liked We Were Liars. It was definitely worth reading but if I told you how I felt about it, I'd probably by lying, because I'm really not sure. Go out and read it, though! It was interesting, that's for sure. The Distance Between Us was adorable and loads of fun, and the main character was snark-tastic and hysterical.
Frustrations: I wasn't the biggest fan of the writing style of We Were Liars---there was sometimes a lack of paragraphs and the narrator Cadence described things in odd ways, but that was just a small issue.
Challenges Completed: The Something Old, Something New challenge. Read an average of 200 pages. Read a summer themed book (We Were Liars).

Total Books Finished: 6
Total Pages Read: 1743
 
 
Tessa
 
Books Started: Ink by Amanda Sun
Books Finished: The Moon and More by Sarah Dessen
Pages Read: 371
Impressions: Ink has me intrigued. I have not read a book about Japanese culture before, and I am very open to the idea. I have a strong case of wanderlust, and anything that lets me travel around the world without leaving my home is extraordinary.
Frustrations: The Moon and More did not live up to the expectation of a Sarah Dessen novel. Some things I did like, but I found the book generally shallow and lacking the charm that Dessen usually incorporates into her stories. I felt like I was reading a book full of stereotypes.
Challenges Completed: Read 200 pages a day.
Read a summer-themed book (The Moon and More by Sarah Dessen).
Something Old, Something New Challenge

Total Books Finished: 4
Total Pages Read: 1761 (I beat Max by 18 pages!)

 
 
Cassia
 
Books Started: None
Books Finished: None
Pages Read: 80
Impressions: I do not like Clary
Frustrations: Clary. Even though I have read it before, her decisions still surprise (and annoy) me.

Total Books Finished: 2
Total Pages Read: 898

 

1 comment: