/>

June 22, 2015

Crazy for Summer Readathon 2015 | Where I am From Poem


   Congratulations, Readathon-ers! You've completed the first day! Today's challenge requires a little more creativity than yesterday's. Your assignment, if you choose to accept it, is to write your very own Where I'm From poem. A Where I'm From poem, originally created by George Ella Lyon, looks something like this or this, and we're asking you to write your own version about how books, blogging, and reading have affected you as a person. Please link yours below, where you will also find our poem.

I am from love triangles more complicated than a college trigonometry class,
sweet kisses, and bitter goodbyes. 
I am from stuffed bookshelves that threaten avalanches,
and frequent visits to the public library.

I am from warlocks, wizards, and witches,
from werewolves, vampires, and ghosts. 
I am from the paranormal and the supernatural
that books have let me explore.

I am from dried tears on pages,
a sore stomach from laughing with characters,
and a restless mind that keeps thinking even after the last page. 

I am from long afternoons spent curled up with a book
and always asking for five more minutes to finish the next chapter.

I am from never-ending series, and books I wished would never end,
From bad endings, cliffhangers,
and happily-ever-afters.

No comments:

Post a Comment