/>

June 21, 2015

Crazy for Summer Readathon 2015 | Introduction


       The day has finally come--the start of our first readathon! We have been carefully plotting this event for over three months and it is incredible to finally see it happening! We'd like to give a big thanks to everyone who is participating! You can still sign up here if you're interested. Also, even if you're not participating in the readathon, we invite you to take a shot at any of our daily challenges and link them on our instructions post for that challenge. 


Instructions

Readathon-ers: listen (or read) carefully. Below are your instructions for the very first part of the Crazy for Summer Readathon--the intro post! Your intro post should have three parts, but feel free to add more!

1. Two Truths and a Lie

Yes, this is the awkward game that your teachers used to make you play on the first day of school to "get to know you" even though it took half of the year for them to get your name right. We promise, it won't be as awkward. 

Your goal is to come up with three facts about yourself and post them. The trick is that one of them is secretly a lie (so do not indicate which one is the lie in your post). Then, we will try to guess in the comments which one is the lie. You can make them as ridiculous or mundane as you would like, just make sure to stump us!

2. Introduction Questions

This is your introduction interview to the Crazy for Summer Readathon participants. This is your chance to tell everyone the most important things about you, like your favorite ice cream flavor and the name of your first pet. Follow our questions below, or check out your email!

3. Goals

This section will help you as much as it will entertain us. Here, you can post the books you want to read (we like putting in pictures), any challenges you want to complete, and achievements you hope to earn. 



Two Truths and a Lie

Max 

1. I can fit an entire Rice Krispies treat in my mouth. 
2. I've never actually met Tessa in real life. 
3. I used to think eBooks weren't as good as regular books. 

Tessa 

1. My wrist is so small that I have to wear child size bracelets.
2. I like to read multiple books at the same time.
3. I am Team Peeta ALL THE WAY!

Questions

Max

What is your favorite thing about reading?
Reading is my favorite form of entertainment--some people prefer TV shows or movies, but I would choose books without hesitation. Books have some much depth, and I feel like you can learn so much about life and people and everything just by picking up a book.

What is your favorite thing about blogging?

I think we all like blogging because it makes you a part of a community -- a group of people who love the same things you do. I also really love being able to organize my thoughts about a book in a way that I can look back on, and being able to give the kind of advice and input about books that I like to receiving from others.

What is your favorite thing about summer?

Everything! Summer is my favorite season. I love the sun, swimming, waking up late, and vacationing, but I could seriously go on and on.

If you could take a summer vacation anywhere in the world, where would you go?

This was a tough one because there are so many places I want to go, but I'm going to go with Australia. It just seems so interesting!

What is your favorite book of the year so far?

Alright, this one is even tougher. Some of my favorites are Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard, Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein, and A Darker Shade of Magic by V. E. Schwab.  

What is your favorite TV show at the moment?

Probably the same as Tessa's. The Office will always hold a special place in my heart, but I also love Doctor Who, Supernatural, Once Upon a Time, and Parks and Recreation.

Fantasy or Sci-Fi?

Fantasy!


Tessa


What is your favorite thing about reading?

I love being able to experience other people's adventures and live different a thousand different lives. It helps me see the world though other perspectives and learn more about the world, other people, and myself. Most importantly, I love how reading brings people together, like through book clubs, libraries, the occasional heated debate on whose OTP is better, and amazing blogging events, including readathons.

    What is your favorite thing about blogging?

I love meeting new people with the pressure of the real world. To me, blogging is just as real as my life outside of the Internet. I feel more confident when I am blogging and more likely to reach out to people, which I normally never have the courage to do in real life. I also love that I am able to share my passions and a little bit of my craziness with people who share the same interests.

       What is your favorite thing about summer?

The free-time

       If you could take a summer vacation anywhere in the world, where would you go?

Spain, specifically Barcelona

       What is your favorite book of the year so far?

A Darker Shade of Magic by V. E. Schwab

What is your favorite TV show at the moment?

I am currently loving Supernatural and Parks and Recreation. I also am totally in love with Once Upon a Time and Doctor Who, but I have caught up with all of the available episodes on Netflix. 

       Fantasy or Sci-Fi?
       
Fantasy
      
       
Our Goals

Max

My goal for the Crazy for Summer Readathon is to read all of the books pictured below:



From top to bottom: (re-read) The Probability of Miracles by Wendy Wunder, The Winner's Curse by Marie Rutkoski, The Winner's Crime by Marie Rutkoski, Uprooted by Naomi Novik, and Trial by Fire by Josephine Angelini.

In the occasion that I finish all of those, I have two more books on my Kindle ready:

The Assassin's Blade (Throne of Glass, #0.1-0.5)

The Assassin's Blade by Sarah J. Maas

and then to break from all of this high fantasy,

Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? (And Other Concerns)

Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? by Mindy Kaling

Tessa

By the end of the readathon, I would like to finish all of these books:


From top to bottom: The Winner's Curse by Marie Rutkoski, Trial by Fire by Josephine Angelini, Uprooted by Naomi Novik, The Opposite of Loneliness by Marina Keegan, The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han, Goliath by Scott Westerfeld, and (re-read) Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas.

Not pictured because I could not find it at the time of the book photo shoot: Of Poseidon by Anna Banks

Clearly, I have some pretty high hopes for this readathon. In addition to reading these books I also want to:

-Read a total of 1000 pages
-Read a summer themed book
-Read books from 3 different genres
We will be back later with a wrap-up of our first day of reading!  

In the meantime, link up your introduction posts! We would love to see your answers, truths, lies, and goals.

What are your goals for the summer readathon? Can you guess which one of our "truths" is a lie? How would you answer our introduction questions?

No comments:

Post a Comment