/>

July 19, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday | Series that I really need to start


This is a weekly list meme hosted by the wonderful bloggers at The Broke and the Bookish.

I am going rogue this week and writing about a different topic. This week's topic was supposed to be books set outside the US, but I did that a couple of months ago for a freebie. So, I am doing an old topic that I missed.

I am talking about series that I really need to start reading. Some of these are classics that everyone and their mother have been harassing me to read, and others are just ones I never seemed to get to.





The Lord of the Rings by J. R. R. Tolkien

Sometimes I feel like a bad reader since I still have not read this series. The whole world has always intimidated me a little bit. First of all, there are like a billion companion books. I do not exactly know where to start. Secondly, they are like the most hyped novels ever (right up there with the Harry Potter series). But now I have the time and (hopefully) the motivation to read this famous series.

Covenant series by Jennifer L. Armentrout

I have read the Lux series by Jennifer and I am not sure how I feel about her writing. I loved the first three books in the series, but then I feel like it went downhill. So, I am willing to give her books another chance, especially since this series deals with mythology. 

Red Rising by Pierce Brown

Funny story: Two years ago for Christmas, I got my first Kindle. I was super excited to start buying and reading ebooks. Red Rising was the first book I ever got on my Kindle, but I still have not read it. The poor book is collecting some serious dust on my virtual bookshelf. But now that all of the books are out, I am willing to go into the depths of my Kindle to start this series.

Something Strange and Deadly series by Susan Dennard

I read Truthwitch by Susan Dennard earlier this year. It was one of my most anticipated reads for 2016, but I was severely disappointed. I know that this is a unpopular opinion, but I am not a monster. I am willing to give her writing another shot, especially since I heard this series is amazing.

Gone series by Michael Grant

So many people have loved this series, but the size and commitment has always terrified me. Each book is like the size of a boulder. My weak arms have never been able to handle the weight of this series. But a few raving reviews have made me think that the struggle might be worth it for the story.




Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs

I have to be completely honest with you: I have not read this series because it scared me to death. I am easily frightened, so the creepy pictures in this series are enough to keep me up for several nights. The rest of my family adores the series and we have all of the books, but I was not ready to read it until I saw the movie trailer. Fortunately, the trailer was not as creepy as I thought, so I might give the book a try.

These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman

I am very late to the game on this one. The covers are stunning and the reviews are just as good, but I have not really gotten into sci-fi until recently. Recent favorites, like Illuminae and Beyond the Red, have convinced me to give space fiction more of my attention. 

Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge

Even though the fairytale retelling trend is slowly dying, I still have a lot of catching up to do. Cruel Beauty is the first on my long list of retellings to read. 

Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhoades

Fantasy books have always held a special place in my heart, so I am always looking for new series to start (even though I still have a million to finish). Morgan Rhoades is coming out with a new series set in the same universe as Falling Kingdoms, so I took that as my sign to finally start the first series. 

Song of the Lioness series by Tamora Pierce

Thanks to Nori at ReadWriteLove28 for her constant campaigning for Tamora Pierce. I have passed this series so many times at my local library, but I never knew where to start. A quick Google search later, and I have all of the information on Tamora Pierce's classic fantasy series. Now that I know where to search, I plan to dive into all of her books!
Have you read any of these series? What other series do you think I need to start ASAP? Do you have a ton of series to finish too?




No comments:

Post a Comment