/>

August 12, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday #12: Top Ten Books We're Not Sure We Want to Read

This is a weekly meme hosted by the amazing girls over at The Broke and the Bookish. This week's topic is books that we're still deciding whether to read or not. Either we've heard mixed things about them, they're really popular and we're not sure how good they really are, or we've had them for a while and we're not sure if we'd still like it.


Tessa

Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare

(The cover has not been released yet.)

I am just not sure if I want to continue in the Shadowhunter's story. Do not get me wrong, I love The Mortal Instruments and The Infernal Devices, but I am wary about the new series. I am skeptical about how far Clare can build this world she made and still keep the story fresh and entertaining.

Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi

Unravel Me (Shatter Me, #2)

Dangerous Creatures by Kami Garcia

Dangerous Creatures (Dangerous Creatures, #1)



Cassia

Twilight by Stephenie Meyer


The Giver by Lois Lowry


Bitter Frost by Kailin Gow


The Madman's Daughter by Megan Shepherd



Max
   
Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein

Code Name Verity (Code Name Verity, #1)

The Elite by Kiera Cass

The Elite (The Selection, #2)

Ruby Red by Kerstin Gier

Ruby Red (Precious Stone Trilogy, #1)

4 comments:

  1. Oh man, I'm dying to read Lady Midnight, but I can understand what you mean. Dangerous Creatures I don't plan to read. I DNF'd the Caster Chronicles after Beautiful Darkness. Loved Twilight--still enjoy it. I also loved Code Name Verity and that's saying something because I really wasn't expecting to like it. I haven't started The Selection series, but I do plan to start it some day!

    TTT
    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your opinions! It is great to see what everyone thinks about different books and make arguments about whether to read a book or not.

      Delete
  2. Twilight you can probably skip. If you've read any paranormal YA books in the last few years, you've probably read something similar (and better). But The Giver is quite good. It's a dystopian from before dystopian was big.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I was thinking about TWILIGHT. My sister and I went on a big shopping spree in BAM, and she bought the whole series, so it's very tempting. I've heard good and bad things about THE GIVER, but I think I'll read it now. Thanks for the advice! :)

      Delete