/>

March 5, 2013

Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick

Hi everybody!  Cassia here!  So how is everyone today?  I hope you're feeling great!  Ahhh I can't wait for Clockwork Princess!!!  Who will she end up with???  In a lot of my reviews, I often refer to the author by their last name.  It really feels awkward to me, but it's grammatically correct, and I'm one of those people that every single little thing has to be right. I also write the titles in italics, and that is also grammatically correct.  I think it either has to be italicized or underlined, but it doesn't have to be both.  Here's another review!




Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick

When Nora Grey meets her mysterious new biology partner Patch Cipriano, she knows something isn’t right about him.  He aggravates her, and at the same time, she’s attracted to him, but she’ll never admit it.  There is absolutely no record of his past, and that makes her suspicious.  She tries asking him, even asking his friends, but...who is Patch Cipriano?


Again, this is one of those books that I do not want to spoil, hence the short summary.  Wanna hear a story?  So, I was browsing all the YA books at Target, and I come across this book in paperback for FIVE DOLLARS!!!!!  I couldn’t believe it!  I’d heard it was good, so I was not going to let it just sit there and taunt me.  I brought it home, and the first line made me burst out laughing (oh, sorry, the first line of the first chapter, not the prologue): “I walked into biology and my jaw fell open.  Mysteriously adhered to the chalkboard was a Barbie doll, with Ken at her side.”  That may not be funny to you, but the next sentence is, but I’m not going to post it here.

So, fallen angels.  If you don’t like fantasy, you should still read this book!  However, I would not recommend this book to any boy.  It’s a girl book.  Back to the genre: it is full fantasy, but if you read this book for no other reason, read it for Patch.  My one friend didn’t want to read it, but she ended up finishing the whole series just because of Patch.  Patch is...umm...  Okay, let’s do this: imagine the boy of your dreams, then, if it’s not already there, add Mr. Deep, Dark, and Dangerous.  That’s Patch.  I really liked Nora.  She’s sarcastic, curious, and has a backbone, even if it doesn’t seem like it at first.  Sometimes I wanted to slap her, but that happens with almost every character at least once.  I also wouldn’t recommend this to a younger audience, simply because of some content, and snarky comments made by Patch.

In Fitzpatrick’s debut novel, she creates a world that readers will want to get lost in, and even if they don’t, they’ll get sucked in anyway.  The plot twists and turns with a beautifully crafted romance, and ends with a dramatic finale.
Five stars!
Goodbye for now,
Cassia

No comments:

Post a Comment