/>

March 15, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday | Ten Books On My Spring TBR



This is a weekly list meme hosted by the wonderful bloggers at The Broke and the Bookish. 

As spring quickly approaches, today's topic focuses on our TBR for the upcoming warmer weather. 



Max's



Kill the Boy Band by Goldy Moldavsky

Kill the Boy Band sounds exactly like my cup of tea, darkly sarcastic, and full of pop culture. I can't wait to get my hands on it!

Starflight by Melissa Landers

Both Tessa and I enjoyed Alienated by Melissa Landers, so it's no surprise that Starflight is just as enticing, especially because it contains SPACE. PIRATES. Seriously. PIRATES. IN SPACE.

A Gathering of Shadows by Victoria Schwab

This sequel to A Darker Shade of Magic, one of my favorite books of 2015, is one of my most-anticipated books of 2016. I'm convinced that Victoria Schwab can do no wrong, and the world she created in the first novel makes me crave  the sequel, which will undoubtedly hold more of her amazing writing.

The Rose and the Dagger by Renee Ahdieh

Another sequel, The Rose and the Dagger comes out May 3. The Wrath and the Dawn was another one of my favorite books of 2015, also chock-full of fantastic writing and world-building. I know that this sequel will be just as exotic as the first book!

The Forbidden Wish by Jessica Khoury

For right now, I'm going to embrace the YA retelling trend until I get sick of it (which will eventually happen, 'cuz these things are coming out in full steam). Aladdin was my favorite Disney movie growing up, and I'm excited to see where Khoury takes it in this book. I've heard nothing but good things. Plus, look at that cover.


Tessa's



The Serpent King by Jeff Zentner

I preordered The Serpent King. I never preorder anything. Never. But the premise hooked me in and all of the early reviews that I read raved about everything. I also love how hilarious Jeff Zentner is on Twitter. It seems like a powerful book that I will want to read over and over again. 

You Were Here by Cori McCarthy

I have been trying to get back into reading contemporaries, and You Were Here seems like a good place to start. You Were Here seems like an intensely emotional book about family and self-discovery that I could really get into right now. I also think that cover looks pretty amazing, so why not? 

The Star-Touched Queen by Roshani Chokshi

Another goal that I had in 2016 was to read more 2016 debut novels, especially ones that promote diversity. The Star-Touched Queen touches both of those goals, and there is nothing better than finished two reading goals with one amazing book.

Heir to the Sky by Amanda Sun

First of all, look at the cover. You cannot honestly tell me that you do not want to read it after seeing its beauty. I also read Amanda Sun's other book, Ink, and I really enjoyed it. The premise is also really cool. An island floating in the sky? Count me in!

Fire Falling by Elise Kova

If you missed my raving review of Air Awakens, I recommend that you check it out to find your new favorite series. In short, Air Awakens is the start of one of my new favorite fantasy series and is my first 5-star book of 2016. There is truly no higher honor than that. Naturally, I am dying to read the second installment of the series, Fire Falling. 

What books are you looking forward to this spring? Have you read any of the ones we listed yet? What is your favorite part about spring? 



No comments:

Post a Comment