/>

November 10, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday | Book Adaptations that I Want to Watch


This is a weekly list meme hosted by the wonderful bloggers at The Broke and the Bookish. 

Today's topic is a little bit touchy to us, the enthusiastic obsessive book fans. It can be the best thing in the world to see your favorite book on the big screen. There is almost nothing better than watching your beloved characters and their wonderful, awe-inspiring story laid out on a mega-screen. But, book to movie adaptations are a double-edged sword. While there are ones that are true to the novel and just like you imagined them, there are other ones that seem to get everything wrong. *cough* Percy Jackson *cough*

But, we are going to be optimistic today and talk about the book to movie adaptations that we are excited to see. 


Mockingjay Part 2

I feel like this one is going to be at the top of everyone's list. It is coming out in a mere 10 days, and I will be rushing into the theaters to see it. I am excited, and slightly scared, to see it due to everything that I know should happen. But I cannot wait to finally see the end of this beloved series on the screen.

The Maze Runner

I was not the biggest fan of the book, but I would really love to see how The Maze is made in real life. I loved trying to imagine it in real life, and seeing it on the big screen would definitely be awesome. Also, I think the movie would be a little bit easier to understand, since I got lost a couple of times in the book. 

Looking for Alaska

After The Fault in Our Stars, I am willing to see any John Green movie. They are like the ultimate love stories. I am just worried about the casting for this one (If Nat Wolff is in this movie too, I will be very unhappy.) Also, Looking for Alaska is my favorite John Green novel (The Fault in Our Stars is a close second, don't worry.) John Green's characters are all so lively, and I cannot wait to see them on the big screen.

See more information.

The 5th Wave

Aliens. Apocalypse. Evan. Even said, right? 

See more information about casting and release date.

Daughter of Smoke and Bone

This is one of my all-time favorite series. I loved the lyrical prose of the books, the macabre of the world, and the magic infused into the story. I hope all of that translates into movie form, because I am stoked to see it when (not if) it comes to the big screen. 

IMDb website confirming that the project is in development. Also, here is an interview with Laini Taylor talking about the movie's development and some other interesting information about her role in the process. 

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them

Another Harry Potter movie? Sign me up! 

I mean, just look at the title. That would even intrigue people who have not even read the Harry Potter series (though I would encourage reading the novels before you see this movie.) 

See more information.

The Martian

I have this book sitting lonely on my bookshelf. I have not really had the time or motivation to read it yet. But now I have the perfect reason the start reading it--an awesome movie! I always love movies in space with sci-fi elements. 

Allegiant Part 1 
(Or whatever they are calling it now)

Even though I am was not thrilled with Insurgent, I would still like to see the series continue. I am also not happy that they are breaking up the movies (I mean not a lot actually happened in the last book, so I am not sure what they are doing to the plot). But I will give it a chance.

See more information.

The Giver

I read The Giver a couple of years ago, and I remember it being a great book. It was one of the first dystopians that I ever read, so I would like to see that world on the big screen.

Paper Towns

Another John Green movie. Is anyone surprised? Even though I have not finished Paper Towns yet (I stopped reading with about 50 pages left because I lost my patience). I would like to give the movie a shot. I think this might be one of the rare cases where the movie is better than the book. I just feel like this story is more fit to the movie screen than as a book. The characters seemed a little bit one-dimensional in the book, so seeing them on the big screen as real people might be able to fix that.

What book to movie adaptations do you want to watch? Have you watched any of these already? If so, what did you think about it? Are there any books you want to see on the big screen?






No comments:

Post a Comment