/>

February 28, 2015

Monthly Wrap-Up | February 2015


My Life
Busy...
This is the time of the year when all of the professors secretly conspire and make all of the long-term projects due at once. Honestly, I may or may not have started all of them. Even though I have been playing catch-up on schoolwork, I have surprisingly been up to date with blog stuff. As promised there have been at least three post a week. I also got a couple of ARCs that I will be reviewing in the beginning of March, so look out for those.
Also, I finally decided to make a Twitter for the blog. You can find us @Crazyfor_YA. So far, I have been having a ton of fun connecting with other bloggers and readers. I hope you can join in on the conversation!
I also got a new puppy this month! Her name is Holly (because she was born on Christmas Eve) and she is the cutest Pekingese puppy ever!

Books I Read

I read a total of seven books this month (one more than last month!), which brings my yearly total to thirteen.


Gathering Frost by Kaitlyn Davis

Gathering Frost (Once Upon A Curse #1)

Never, Never by Colleen Hoover and Tarryn Fisher

Never Never (Never Never, #1)

Alice in Zombieland by Gena Showalter

Alice in Zombieland (White Rabbit Chronicles, #1)

Splintered by A. G. Howard

Splintered (Splintered, #1)

Anthem by Ayn Rand
(I read this one for a class I am taking.)

Anthem

Talented by Sophie Davis

Talented (Talented Saga, #1)

The Retribution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin

The Retribution of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer, #3)


Challenge Updates

I have read 13 out of 100 books for my 2015 Goodreads challenge, which leaves me only 2 books behind schedule.

I wrote one discussion post for the 2015 Book Blog Discussion Post Challenge.



I love all of the conversation that was going on and the lovely advice that everyone gave. Thank you!

Links You Should See

Shannon started a survey to determine the "State of the Book Blogging Union." She vowed to use these results for the good of the community.
Christina tells us the proper way to respond when someone disdains YA.
Roberta explains why she will not read "sexy" YA.
James and Anna discuss whether book reviewing is a public service or an art.
Cait discusses the importance of conclusions (or lack thereof) in books.
Author Jennifer L. Brooks shares her top 11 reasons that she loves bloggers.
Jessi tells everyone that you should not be afraid to be yourself in your reviews.
Becca explains the best way to get rid of a book hangover.
Ellen explains how to get the most out of Facebook.
Claire wonders if memes are the right kind of post for her.
Kaitlyn is celebrating 2000 followers on Twitter and is hosting a giveaway of new releases!
Maria tries to decide if ereaders or hard copies are better.
Laura conducted a survey about the use of GIFs in blog posts and she has interesting results.
Ashley shares how to make your blog future-proof.
Florinda explains how a blogger "Superwomen" is not real.


Bookish Events

The annual Love A Thon was hosted on February 21-22 by Alexa Loves Books. You can find the posts here.
Rachel @ A Perfection Called Books and Amber and Yessica @ The Book Bratz hosted a one-day Blogger and Author Appreciation Day.


How was your February? What was your favorite book that you read this month? Did you participate in any events? Tell me everything!


8 comments:

  1. Thank you for the shout out! It was unexpected :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome! I really liked your post and it definitely deserved a shout out!

      Delete
  2. I read Splintered this month too, and I loved it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really liked it too! I cannot wait to get my hands on Unhinged. I hope I can read the rest of the series this month!

      Delete
  3. PUPPY!!!! I'm a sucker for animals. They're so cute <333

    I read Splintered and ALice in Zombieland and though each had its set of problems, I definitely remember linking them! I hope you did too!

    My Stacking the Shelves + Montly Recap here.

    - Nova @ Out of Time

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love animals too, which is how I ended up with two dogs! They are both adorable.

      I did like both Splintered and Alice in Zombieland, and I cannot choose which one I liked the best!

      Delete
  4. Oooo looks like you read some great books this month. I really want to pick up the Mara Dyer series, I'm just not sure if I will like it? I've heard mixed things


    ablondelibrarian.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. February was a good book month for me with a ton of great reads, especially Splintered!
      I really liked the Mara Dyer series and I would really recommend it. Plus, the last book just came out so you do not have to wait to read the sequels!

      Delete