/>

February 24, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday | Favorite Book Heroines


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by wonderful bloggers at The Broke and the Bookish. 

Today's list is a compilation of our favorite book heroines (not the drug).

Over the last couple of years, the YA genre has really stepped up its game and gotten some seriously kick-butt female characters. Obviously, there are too many to include in this list, but we will try.

The characters on this list are extremely brave, intelligent, sarcastic, and just overwhelmingly kick-butt. Some of them might show it in different ways, but they all faced intense danger and loss, but they rose above it to become the characters that we love.

Tessa

Celaena Sardothien 
from the Throne of Glass series

Karou 
from the Daughter of Smoke and Bone series

Mackenzie Bishop
from The Archived series

Rose Hathaway
from the Vampire Academy series

Hazel Grace Lancaster
from The Fault in Our Stars

Katniss Everdeen (duh)
from the Hunger Games

Tris Prior
from the Divergent triology

Hermione Granger
from the Harry Potter series

Penryn
from the Angelfall series

Mara Dyer
from the Unbecoming of Mara Dyer series

Who are your favorite heroines? What are your favorite qualities to see in a lead female character? Do you agree/disagree with any of my picks?


6 comments:

  1. I love Celaena, Hazel, Tris, Katniss, and Mara too! Nice picks :D

    my TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was hard to narrow down the list, but I am happy with my choices!

      Delete
  2. Hermoine, Karou, and Celaena were all on my list this week, too! I felt like all three perfectly utilized their magical and athletic abilities with common sense- they made informed decisions instead of rushing into things like many other protagonists. I actually didn't add Katniss on my TTT but I feel like I should have- she's one of the strongest heroines- like - EVER! I think she and Tris are kind of the epitomes of female protagonists that started it all. <3 the post, Tessa!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I do love all of them because they are selfless, brave, and just AWESOME! Katniss and Tris will always make my list. I agree that they started the trend of amazingly kick-butt female characters.

      Delete
  3. So many great choices here! I've got Celaena on my list because I can't NOT have a heroine list without her. LOL. I love you've got Rose, Katniss, Tris, Hermione, and Mara! And I can't wait to meet Penryn!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Penryn is amazing! She is sarcastic, brave, and selfless, so basically a perfect female character. You should definitely read Angelfall soon, especially since the last book is coming out soon!

      Delete