/>

July 4, 2014

The Friday 56 #8

The Friday 56

This is a weekly meme hosted over at Freda's Voice.

The rules are simple-- grab the book you are currently reading and turn to page 56 (or 56% of your e-reader). Then copy a few sentences and post them.

These are the books we are currently reading and a snippet of page 56.



Max
Flat-Out Love by Jessica Park
"'Miss? Boston Fire Department here. We'll have you out in about thirty minutes. You hangin' in there?' a gruff voice asked her. 'Take your time,' Julie called out as she continued staring at the small screen in her hands."

Flat-Out Love (Flat-Out Love, #1)



Tessa
Prodigy by Marie Lu
"When I get close enough for him to hear me coming, he opens his eyes and holds his hands out to me. But his eyes aren't blue. They're black, because his irises are bleeding."

Prodigy (Legend, #2)


Cassia
Elixir by Ted Galdi

"With so much pain engraved into his past, he considers if it's possible he can ever be happy again, the way he was in the picture of him and his parents in the Poconos. Or if moments like that are lost on him forever, just as dead as Billy and Jenny Malone. He feels in all likelihood they are." 

 

8 comments:

  1. Three interesting books!
    Flat Out Love: I'm curious about the small screen. Is she texting while she's being rescued?
    Prodigy: Sounds too creepy for me.
    Elixir: Love the title and the cover, and I wonder why he's so hopeless.
    Here's the link to my Friday post: SIX MONTHS IN MONTANA.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Prodigy is actually an amazing book, but page 56 just happened to be a little creepy. Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  2. I love the bits from all three of em :D Am definitely adding these to my TBR!
    Thank you for sharing.

    my BB and 56

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad that we could add to your bookshelf!

      Delete
  3. Where did you get such good books? Wonderful. Can't get over the bleeding irises.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is surprising what you can find at the library :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. Was she stuck in an elevator??
    Bleeding irises... omg!
    Anyone can be happy, even with such a scarred past, over time.

    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love your advice! I hope you have a great weekend, too.

      Delete