/>

July 30, 2014

If I Stay Movie Trailer Talk


At first, I did not think that If I Stay would make a good movie, but the trailer made me think again. I thought that the movie would fail to portray the many emotions that are constantly present in the book. For me, I am more emotional when reading a book than watching a movie (the one exception is The Fault in Our Stars, I mean, who didn't cry?) I am more of a book person than a movie person, so that makes me a little biased, too.

While I was watching the trailer, I was hit with a sudden sense of deja vu. A strong, female narrator, a sudden tragic event, and a lot of emotions....... My mind immediately thought of The Fault in Our Stars. They are extremely similar. A sick, injured female lead and the tragic tale of their life. An amazing boyfriend who will do anything for her. You can see the TFIOS trailer here. Will If I Stay live up to The Fault in Our Stars movie?

After watching the trailer, I realized that they are actually trying for this movie, unlike some book-to-movie adaptations *cough* Percy Jackson *cough*. The setting was perfect and I am actually happy with most of the casting. I am okay with Chloe Grace Moretz as Mia, and I love who they casted for her parents. I do believe that they could have found someone else to play Adam, but I will at least give him a chance. To see the whole cast list, click here.

I especially love the music. The producers could not have picked a better song than Say Something by A Great Big World. I am looking forward to the awesome cello music too.

On the other hand, there are a few things that I am not sure the movie will portray. How are they going to show that Mia is having an out of body experience without losing some of the emotional edge? Also, I am curious to know how they are going to do the flashbacks. There are a ton of them and I am worried that some of the flashbacks may be confusing to people who have not read the book.

If you have not read the book yet, what are you waiting for? This is an extraordinary book with a promising movie in the works.

What do you think about the movie so far? Are you going to see it? What other book-to-movie adaptations are you excited for?

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see this movie !!
    It comes out on my mom's birthday. hmmm, I wonder what I should give her for her birthday. Perhaps take her to watch a movie ? XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love Chloe Grace Moretz as Mia. I can't get over the perfect casting. As for the book, I really enjoyed it and the sequel. I think I'm gonna go watch the movie :P

    ReplyDelete